Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

TransactionID Duplication Issue

Level 2

On the booking confirmation page, I am using one eVar to set to the transactionID and another eVar that's set to user-email both via data-layer and populating correctly. The expiration of transactionID eVar is set to 'Visit' and expiration of user-email eVar is set to 'Never'. When analyzing my reporting in adobe, I came across this data discrepancy. I noticed that for a single transactionID 2 bookings were being reported which should not be the case. So I broke down my transactionID with user-email and saw 2 different user-email associated to the same transactionID. In order to verify this, I checked my back-end and data-layer and surprisingly I found that for one of the user-email the transactionID is different. But somehow in adobe reports, the user-email with a different transactionID is being associated with the transactionID of a different user-email. Screenshot Attached. I am confused as to why is this happening ? Has it got something to do with the expiration of user-email eVar set to 'Never' ? Adobe Analytics

1771237_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi akshaya50588739

It would be worth to check:

- Allocation of your eVar127

- From clickstream data feed , can you check the visitorID for this transaction ID - you can verify it from post_visid_high, post_visid_low columns.

The reason to double check visitor id is because there are chances that against your different guest email, same visitor cookie was created and hence Adobe considered it to be same visitor. What if after making the transaction, user continued the same visit(came within 30 mins via different email)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Have you checked the the Transaction ID recording is enabled for the report suite?

• if yes, is it the only booking code you observe an issue with?
    • if no, could you share a beacon (payload of the request sent to the analytics collection server) from the booking confirmation page? Alternatively, share the URL where a test booking can be placed.

Level 2

Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your response. Yes the TransactionID recording is enabled for the reporting suite. No its mostly issues with eVars firing on confirmation page reporting bad data. Most of these eVars also have expiration set to visit, which I assume should be set to the purchase event. I cannot share a beacon of the request or url as its behind vpn i can just access reporting side. Do you suspect in above scenario that a email address getting associated with another booking id might be result of the expiration 'Never' or any other thoughts here with this limited information ?

Level 10

Before looking deeper it makes sense to make sure the implementation of Transaction ID is done correctly. This is why I wanted to have a look at the beacon.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi akshaya50588739

It would be worth to check:

- Allocation of your eVar127

- From clickstream data feed , can you check the visitorID for this transaction ID - you can verify it from post_visid_high, post_visid_low columns.

The reason to double check visitor id is because there are chances that against your different guest email, same visitor cookie was created and hence Adobe considered it to be same visitor. What if after making the transaction, user continued the same visit(came within 30 mins via different email)

Level 2

Thank you for your insights ! I will check that