Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking outages by the minute

Level 8

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knows if this is possible?

I am trying to build a metric that tracks the number of minutes that we have an outage on our website over any given time period. At the moment when the site is down  the visitor is presented with a holding page called "holding-page".

I have created the following metric that looks for if the "holding-page" is 50% of the total page views (for the site).

1775822_pastedImage_0.png

The problem is, when I look in a report broken down by the minute we can track this - however when I switch to a day breakout, the number returns to zero as Adobe is summing over the day. Essentially, the metric is working as expected but not as desired. I could calculate the data in SQL from our data feed but I want to keep this in Work space as it is more accessible to the business. Does anybody know a way to do this?

Thanks

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Quick update on this - The following returns the correct answer:

1775969_pastedImage_2.png

Please note that I have Visit Number = 1 as I noticed a caching issue where returning visitors were landing on the page which was artificially raising it.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Quick update on this - The following returns the correct answer:

1775969_pastedImage_2.png

Please note that I have Visit Number = 1 as I noticed a caching issue where returning visitors were landing on the page which was artificially raising it.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave