Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Campaign Dynamic URL in Analytics

Level 3

Is there a way to track the Adobe Campaign Standard dynamic URLs in Adobe Analytics. So here is the use case and the challenge:

Use case:

We want to use target/context data to define the URL as a personalized field. The URL is defined in the upstream target data and in referenced as

"<%=context.targetData.header_image_link%>" in the creative HTML/Designer. 

Challenge:

Since Protocol+Domain needs to be hardcoded in ACS to enable tracking, the campaign goes out with the actual URL customer is intended to land on. However, the tracking is not happening in campaign and the URLs are not being tracked. 

Question:

Is there a way to track the open, click etc. of these dynamic URLs in Analytics using tags or UTM parameters ? Has anyone done something similar or know of a solution to this use case ?

@AdobeAnalytics2 @analytics @AdobeCampaignDev 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think the metrics like Sent and Open do not depend on the URL. The Clicks metric may not be tracked automatically if no link wrapper is used. In this case, you may want to append utm or other tracking parameters to the destination URL to track how many recipients clicked through to the landing page. It would require the tracking configuration on Analytics side.

---

Help make Adobe Analytics better, vote for the ideas:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think the metrics like Sent and Open do not depend on the URL. The Clicks metric may not be tracked automatically if no link wrapper is used. In this case, you may want to append utm or other tracking parameters to the destination URL to track how many recipients clicked through to the landing page. It would require the tracking configuration on Analytics side.

---

Help make Adobe Analytics better, vote for the ideas: