Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Total number of Unique page(s) recorded in a time frame

Level 6

Is there a way to get a report that shows the number of unique page names seen over the period of the report.

I know I can do a pages report and then 'go to page' 10000 at the end of the report to find the last page that has a recorded page view by it's number in the list.

but is there a way to get this number via a report? Not the number of page views but the number of pages with the page view metric attributed to them.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

At this time I am not aware of another way to pull this figure outside of the pages workaround method mentioned or pulling the entire data set via API/DW/raw clickstream and calculating distinct dimension counts via a query. I believe there was a user request in the IdeaExchange for a variable distinct count view in a direct report that you could upvote to further surface to Product Management.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

You can use a serialized event to track your unique page views. Use a UNIQUE hash value for each page as the Serialization ID.
Depending on your requirement you can include date, month, week etc while generating the hash key

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/event_serialization_impl.html

Cheers

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

At this time I am not aware of another way to pull this figure outside of the pages workaround method mentioned or pulling the entire data set via API/DW/raw clickstream and calculating distinct dimension counts via a query. I believe there was a user request in the IdeaExchange for a variable distinct count view in a direct report that you could upvote to further surface to Product Management.

Best,

Brian

Level 4

I *love* this idea - I'd never thought of it.

I work in publishing, and want to be able to report on the number of content items written over a specific period of time. I've figured out how to do this using ReportBuilder... essentially pulling all content UUIDs associated with a specific publish date (passed to a different variable), then using Excel's COUNT functionality to arrive at and disseminate these numbers. But I wasn't able to do this cleanly inside Adobe's web interface in a way that would allow other users to replicate it.

If I instead fired an event on every page view and used the UUID as the serialized ID, only the first event would be recorded, essentially providing me with a simple metric showing number of items created. Brilliant! Thanks *so* much JillsMatthew... whole new worlds just opened up in my head!