Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Site I/O Traffic

Level 3

Is there a report that can be run to tell me how much network storage my site on average requires in a month on a cloud server? For example, if a contract from a provider tells me that my Network I/O is limited to total combined input and output traffic, to and from the given cloud region, of 300 GB/month. Any overage will be billed at rate. How could I determine if that's enough?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That would be very difficult to accomplish in Adobe Analytics without the data from the existing hosting provider. Adobe Analytics does not have access to everything going in and out of your site, especially if non website elements are factored into the equation (such as downloads or PDF's). Most hosting companies provide this information as a free service by default. Here's what my usage looks like with godaddy on my personal site:

[img]Bandwidth Usage.png[/img]

I only get a couple dozen page views a day, so my usage is very minimal.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi

I am little skeptical about the requirement but you can configure alert n traffic of your website which will get triggered on configured value.

Regards

Devinder

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That would be very difficult to accomplish in Adobe Analytics without the data from the existing hosting provider. Adobe Analytics does not have access to everything going in and out of your site, especially if non website elements are factored into the equation (such as downloads or PDF's). Most hosting companies provide this information as a free service by default. Here's what my usage looks like with godaddy on my personal site:

[img]Bandwidth Usage.png[/img]

I only get a couple dozen page views a day, so my usage is very minimal.