Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Sum of revenue(on different reports) is different for the same list of items

Level 3

Hi,

It seems that after breaking down and filtering for a keyword, the sum function of reports either did not add up the figure or it used the figure before filtering. 

1st way: Campaigns>Tracking Code>Campaigns Names (then filter for X)
2nd way(clicking the plus sign to break down-classification hierarchy): Campaigns>Tracking Code>Channel Names> Channel of X  (then filter for X)
3rd way(clicking the chart sign to break down): Campaigns>Tracking Code>Channel Names> Channel of X (then filter for X)

Among the above 3 ways, only the first one gets me to the correct sum. The sum on the second report shows a Zero while the sum on the third report shows a total for all the items for Channel of X. I believe that this happened because there was something wrong with the sum/total function(at the bottom of reports) of Omniture SiteCatalyst. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This KB article will have everything you're looking for:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-sum-line-items-different-from-total

I can assure you that the sum/total functions at the bottom of each report are working as intended. Thanks!

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This KB article will have everything you're looking for:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-sum-line-items-different-from-total

I can assure you that the sum/total functions at the bottom of each report are working as intended. Thanks!

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 3

ok. you might be right but how could the sum be zero in the case 2? There has to be a number for the sum when each individual item has a value. What do you think?

2nd way(clicking the plus sign to break down-classification hierarchy): Campaigns>Tracking Code>Channel Names> Channel of X  (then filter for X)

Employee Advisor

It would be difficult to provide an explanation to a report that I cannot see; if you're looking for exact reasons that would probably warrant creating an incident.

However, if I was to speculate the reason, I anticipate it being because the metric you were using had data, and when you switched to a correlation, moved to page views without data.

Level 2

My report has a total that is greater than the sum of the line items.  The reasons for this in the article you referenced are not applicable to my report.  It does not make sense to me why the total number of unique visitors would be greater since they should be falling into the bookmarked/typed category as a catch all.   I have uploaded the report here.  Can you please take a look and let me know what you think may be the issue.