Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Success Event and Marketing Channel

Level 2

I am new to Adobe Analytics, was unclear with the use Success Events if i am configuring Marketing Channels.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Getting a little frustrated with "Me Too" firing when I go to reply, but that's something I'll take up with Adobe.

Meanwhile, could you please provide some additional context for your question?  What exactly are you wanting to understand as it relates to Success events with your Marketing Channels?

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Getting a little frustrated with "Me Too" firing when I go to reply, but that's something I'll take up with Adobe.

Meanwhile, could you please provide some additional context for your question?  What exactly are you wanting to understand as it relates to Success events with your Marketing Channels?

Jeff Bloomer

Level 2

Thank you Jeff for your response, i replied to Alexis about my confusion.

Community Advisor

Please check this documentation first:

Get Started with Marketing Channels | Adobe Analytics

I believe the documentation should answer several of your questions.

Really what is important is to make sure you set your channels correctly, in the right order and with the right processing rules and the right overwrite channel option. During processing it will run the rules in the order specified and therefore if the analytics hit matches more than one rules, the first one will be matched and rules after the matching rule will never be evaluated.

Level 2

Thank you Alexis, what confuses me is the use of Success Events which i understand are the events that happen on the site that are conversion or might lead to conversions, also it will direct you to give proper credit to the conversions for e.g. Which keywords contributed to the e-book downloads instead of giving credit to the product landing page. 

Also in case of Marketing channels you are analyzing which channel contributed to conversion by configuring tracking codes and processing rules.

Am i making any sense here or asking very irrelevant question....

Community Advisor

Still not 100% sure I understand the question, but think of using your Success Events with Marketing Channels just like you would when evaluating other eVars.

Some of the most basic events you might likely align against your Marketing Channels are Visits and Unique Visitors.  Marketing Channels demonstrate how your users arrive on your site and then you can align relevant success events with those channels to get a better understanding of how said channels influenced any given event.

For instance, when you consider Natural/Organic search, you can evaluate your Success Events based on customers/users coming into your site against those who are arriving on the site coming from a Search Engine.

If you set up an Email channel, you can set up rules identifying Tracking Codes containing certain criteria that identify them as emails and then use success events like Unique Visitors, Visits, Orders, Revenue, Units, Conversion Rate (Orders/UV) and any other events that may be relevant in your case.

The same goes for channels like Social, where you can identify your social media engines.

Does this help?

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

Ah, yes, the blog articles by Brent Dykes.  Good stuff.  I used to have these bookmarked at one point on my previous machine.

@coolclassic - I definitely recommend these!

Jeff Bloomer