Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Single report suite or global report suite

Level 3

I need to track a new small site.

The site is small (10/20 pages), is a sub. domain of the main site, the people can enter in the sub.domain only if before visited the main site.

I think to implement the tracking of this small site in the same report suite of the main site, but I have a doubt, maybe I need to create 2 different report suites and then a global report suite?

I understand the difference between roll-up report suite and the global report suite but this isn't my case.

I have a doubt if using only a report suite or create 2 different and use a global.

I mean, in this case the site is a subdomain, is small, I think to use only 20/25 evar and I don't think it's worth an extra effort to do the setup of another Report Suite and then of the global.

Do you agree?

What parameters do you take into consideration to do this choice?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear francescop47742,

Use one Report Suite and create multiple Virtual Report Suites. Make sure that you capture the Domains & Sub Domains in the Server Variable so that you can create Virtual Report Suites using segmentation.

To learn more about Virtual Report Suites, click here.

To understand how many report suites are ideal for a company and why, click here.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear francescop47742,

Use one Report Suite and create multiple Virtual Report Suites. Make sure that you capture the Domains & Sub Domains in the Server Variable so that you can create Virtual Report Suites using segmentation.

To learn more about Virtual Report Suites, click here.

To understand how many report suites are ideal for a company and why, click here.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

Level 3

hi and thk for reply.

so in your opinion I never create a global report suite but always use a single report suite and then create many virtual report suite? I understand right?

Community Advisor
Yes Frances, you are right. Make sure that you have an identifier for creating the segment for Virtual Report Suite (Like Domain or any eVar as you wish). Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B

Employee Advisor

I agree with @PratheepArunRaj . It's good to use the same report suite for tracking the small site as well as the main site. However, you can use a Virtual Report Suite for the small site created after segmenting traffic from the main site (using some parameter).

But you will need to separate some evars in case you would like to explicitly use it for the small site, and not share it with the main site.