Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

sequential segment only before/after single criteria

Level 8
Level 8

Is it possible to create Before/After sequential segment for single criteria?

e.g. visits after referred from specific referring domain (recorded in prop and adobe default referrer)

Sample Visit:

Visit 1: Type in URL > Page A > Page B > search something and landing to Page C from Google > Page D > Page A

Visit 2: Search on Google and landing to Page A as ENTRY > Page B > Page C

Visit 3: Type in URL > Page A > search from Google > Page B > click a link on social media > Page C > D

Possible to set segment to filter all visits ONLY AFTER referrer = Google?

(By directly using "visit container, referrer=google", will Visit 3's Pgae C & D be included?)

I tried to set "Entry Page Exist THEN referrering domain (prop7) contains Google ", but the result data is much smaller than expected, I think it is because the 2nd sample visit is not included

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here's a non-obvious way to create your segment: use the Fallout visualisation to help you.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.01.24 AM.png

Click "Create segment from touchpoint" from the contextual menu. Then edit the segment as desired, e.g.Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.04.49 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here's a non-obvious way to create your segment: use the Fallout visualisation to help you.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.01.24 AM.png

Click "Create segment from touchpoint" from the contextual menu. Then edit the segment as desired, e.g.Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.04.49 AM.png

Level 8
Level 8

@yuhuisg thanks for your reply.

If I just use "visit" container, and set referrer=Google, then in Visit 3, Page C & D will not be included since they are referred from social media.

Is that right?