Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Sending Reports & Permissions

Level 1

Hello,

Is there a permission level in Adobe Analytics needed send/schedule reports to an email? I don't seem to have the option.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/reports-analytics/scheduling.html?lang=en

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Nope, but there is a trick to making it work.

I am going to assume that you entered an email or a group of emails, and you got an error message about the recipient list being empty...  or you added some internal users and an external email and that email didn't stick...

When you type in (or paste in an email) that isn't tied to an account, you have to hit enter to make it stick. The email address should get the grey bounding box and an email icon applied, then you can schedule the workspace.

Initial State of entering an email:

JDungan_0-1652721244221.png

After you enter an email, and hit "enter":

JDungan_1-1652721270297.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Nope, but there is a trick to making it work.

I am going to assume that you entered an email or a group of emails, and you got an error message about the recipient list being empty...  or you added some internal users and an external email and that email didn't stick...

When you type in (or paste in an email) that isn't tied to an account, you have to hit enter to make it stick. The email address should get the grey bounding box and an email icon applied, then you can schedule the workspace.

Initial State of entering an email:

JDungan_0-1652721244221.png

After you enter an email, and hit "enter":

JDungan_1-1652721270297.png

Level 1

Thank you! Where did you navigate to select those options? When I am in the reports section, I only see an option to download the report. Like below.Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 1.20.05 PM.png

Community Advisor

Ah.. you are using reports... most people are using Workspaces only (particularly with Reports being sunset next year), and that is where my screenshots came from. 

Removing this option may have been intentional to get people to transition to Workspace... The more you create here, the more you will have to rebuild and re-schedule next year.

-----

I'm willing to bet that the reason you still want to use Reports is due to the "mixed" graphing visualization that is available (bar for the current data, lines for the 4 weeks and 52 Weeks prior). Since we don't yet have that particular graphing capability yet, I am going to suggest using Excel and Report Builder in the mean time? This way you can create the connection to the data, then use Excel's graphing capabilities to make the mixed graph.

However, if you can live with it, just using a line graph visualization in Workspace can still represent the data and is a lot quicker to set up then Report Builder.

Level 1

Thank you! I might check out workspace. I found the send option under share but will take a look at these other options too.