Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can we add 2 Launch properties to one domain

Level 2

Hi all,

Recently our dev team migrating registration pages of 2 related brand into one place means

Brand A: we have one registaion page> adobe launch property and report suite configuration is diffrent

Brand B: when ever people click on Brand B registration page it's redirects Brand A registration page there registration complete

Due to this redirection we are not able to map Brand B marketing influence of registration and so many .

so that we planned Brand B launch script can place Brand a Registan page is it works .

Can we place 2 launch scripts in one page/website

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think perhaps an easier solution would be to just add an evar implying Channel B registration.

You will have common registrations pages for both Channel A, and Channel B. Since the evars are set when users I assume click to enter channel B then you should be able at each step to see all users vs those with evar for Channel B. (start evar wherever Channel B registration starts. link, buttons etc)

Marketing Influence will often be associated to s.camapign. So in that case you can  attribute on a final thank you or registration complete page all users with any s.camapign variables as well as do they have Channel B evar.  

This way channel A and B see all marketing imapct and the evar channel B allows for separate analysis as well.

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think perhaps an easier solution would be to just add an evar implying Channel B registration.

You will have common registrations pages for both Channel A, and Channel B. Since the evars are set when users I assume click to enter channel B then you should be able at each step to see all users vs those with evar for Channel B. (start evar wherever Channel B registration starts. link, buttons etc)

Marketing Influence will often be associated to s.camapign. So in that case you can  attribute on a final thank you or registration complete page all users with any s.camapign variables as well as do they have Channel B evar.  

This way channel A and B see all marketing imapct and the evar channel B allows for separate analysis as well.

GLTU

Community Advisor

While I think that @Pablo_Childe covered this nicely.. I would like to add some additional context.

Adding 2 Launch properties would cause a lot of duplicate code, which wouldn't be efficient, and you would still have conflicts between your s object that would cause a lot of data corruption.

IF (and I do stress the if) you need to have tracking to 2 different suites on the page... in order to prevent corruption between the two tracking calls, there is a way to change the s object to something else (I don't know how to do this unfortunately, but I know many years ago, we partnered with a company on a white label site and we both used Adobe... they provided a file that changed the s object to something like s_brand.... so that we could set and pass our values with s.prop1 and their values with s_brand.prop1 to ensure that our datasets remained separate. With this, you could even set up the s_brand and tracking calls in the one Launch Property, and only trigger the rule on the page you are looking for with the second suite code.

You would have to do something similar to avoid data corruption.

OR, another option, you could look into setting up a VISTA rule with Adobe Support. This will require a setup cost, but they can create rules based on the tracking call going to Site A, transform it as needed and send tracking in the format you need to Site B. I've never used such a thing, we considered it a few years ago when we were converting a site into our global suite, but decided not to go that route for a temporary double tracking transition period. If this is a permanent solution, it might be worth it....

And last (possibly unpopular option), if the two sites are starting integrate more and more, you might consider retagging the two sites into a joint global tracking suite, and use virtual suites to separate out the two... this gives you the ability to pull the data consolidated easier, or separate as you are doing... but given the different tagging profiles, it's a big job to consolidate them... but if you will have to do this eventually... earlier is always better.

Community Advisor

1. You should never have 2 launch scripts on one webpage. The once loaded last will overwrite the configuration of the _satellite object.

• An exception is if the section of your site is in an iframe, so you can have launch in the parent and launch in the iframe, they should not interact

2. You can have 2 launch script on same website as long as it is NOT an SPA and it is NOT on same web pages. Basically only load one version of launch library on each webpages but it is totally fine to have one site section using property A and another using propertyB

3. Adobe Analytics and tracking. In the event you have to send 2 analytics call to different report suite AND the data need to be different this is how you should do it https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/s-gi.html?lang=en also you can use https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/sa-method.html?lang=...

Hope this helps