Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Send click events data to Google universal analytics by Adobe launch with Adobe analytics data

Level 2

Hi Experts,

We are using Adobe Launch for Adobe analytics and Google Universal Analytics.    I am new to Google universal analytics.

For Adobe Analytics everything is fine.   Coming to Google Universal Analytics how can we send the click events data to Google Universal Analytics, which is already sent to Adobe Analytics.

Help is highly Appreciated.

Regards,

Prathap

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is a lot of implementation techniques that involve this as I have this done currently for our setup.

But since this is in the Adobe Analytics section, I'll keep it very high level. For future reference, implementation might be best directed at https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Experience-Platform-Launch/ct-p/adobe-launch-...

What you will need to do is make a decision to either use an extension like Adobe Analytics in Launch or do it with raw code. There are advantages to each and it really depends on the granularity of control you are seeking to have.

Some things to consider:

• What is the business reason for GA and AA at the same time? This may help in designing your set up.
  • Are you trying to get 1 to 1 data? Will you be using GA and AA as your analytics of record or will you use one for different purposes?
  • Do you have GA360? Since you are quite limited with basic GA and will not get the same level of data compared to AA.

But to answer your question, you can pass click data by sending data to GA via extension or raw code (More details here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gtagjs)

This can happen by adding an action just right after your Adobe Analytics "Send Beacon" Action.

I strongly suggest you create a plan and ask all the question you may have in the Launch community as maintenance can get quite tricky in the long term.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello Prathap,

Unfortunately not an expert on Google Analytics Tagging, but logic is the same.

Guess you have created Data Elements. Use Rules to trigger both Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics from the same condition one after another using 'THEN' action.

I would suggest you to sit with Google Analytics Expert to do the actions in parallel to Adobe for better understanding and clarity.

Thank You!
Arun

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is a lot of implementation techniques that involve this as I have this done currently for our setup.

But since this is in the Adobe Analytics section, I'll keep it very high level. For future reference, implementation might be best directed at https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Experience-Platform-Launch/ct-p/adobe-launch-...

What you will need to do is make a decision to either use an extension like Adobe Analytics in Launch or do it with raw code. There are advantages to each and it really depends on the granularity of control you are seeking to have.

Some things to consider:

• What is the business reason for GA and AA at the same time? This may help in designing your set up.
  • Are you trying to get 1 to 1 data? Will you be using GA and AA as your analytics of record or will you use one for different purposes?
  • Do you have GA360? Since you are quite limited with basic GA and will not get the same level of data compared to AA.

But to answer your question, you can pass click data by sending data to GA via extension or raw code (More details here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gtagjs)

This can happen by adding an action just right after your Adobe Analytics "Send Beacon" Action.

I strongly suggest you create a plan and ask all the question you may have in the Launch community as maintenance can get quite tricky in the long term.

Hope this helps!