Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Segments using props versus eVars on Ecommerce site

Level 2

I have a situation that I need confirmation. I work on an ecommerce site that has  pop-up on the hone page for first time customers to register to get money off their first order. We track if the visitor clicks a button to register for the offer or not to accept the offer. 

- We use  a prop to capture if the visitor clicked the "register" button or the "no thanks" button"

- I created visits segments for the visitors who click "register" and the visitors who click "no thanks"

I apply the segment to see how many visitors completed a purchase who clicked "register" and visitors who completed a purchase who clicked "no-thanks"

I think my data is not reporting all of the visitors clicked "register". The orders and revenue seem very low.

I think a better solution would be to capture the data using eVar and creating a visit segment because the eVar is persistent.

I want confirmation that makes sens or is there a better way to create prop visit segments for order and revenue data?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In your scenario with a segment it does not matter whether the button name is captured in a prop or an eVar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

In your scenario with a segment it does not matter whether the button name is captured in a prop or an eVar.