Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segmentation for specific UPC

Level 1

Hello, 

I got a list of 100 upcs, i would like to create a segment that only represents this specific upcs. 

When i filter on a tab it works perfectly, however once i create a segment the number of items completely change. I created three segments but non of them work as i would like. the first one is created as 'equals any of', the second as 'contains any of', the last one as equal for each upc. 

Do you know any workaround to get only the 100 upcs which is not a filter on the tab?

Thanks

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I think what you are saying is that you are storing UPCs in a List variable?

This is an issue that many people have encountered.... when you create a segment, no matter how you build it, the matches are evaluated on each individual item... but ALL items from the matching hits will be returned....

So if you have:

• abc,cde,fgh
  • abc,jkl
  • abc
  • xyz,cde

And you are looking for "abc", then you will get:

abc = 3

cde = 1

fgh = 1

jkl = 1

One possible solution would be to create a classification on your list, that matches the 100 items you are looking for, and set something like "true"... then pull in that classification "true", and then breakdown your list under that...  It's not ideal, but it's the only solution I can think of that exists within workspaces.....

Basically, you should end up with a table that looks like:

Occurrences
true   3
  abc 3