Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment for all visits where the first visit from "social media"?

Level 8
Level 8

Hello Experts,

We got one question about how to get all visits where the first visit is from "Banner", so that we can see how "Banner" impacts further user access and orders.

There are some "Channels" are set: Banner, Organic Search, Paid Search, Direct Load, etc.

We try to set as following:

Visit Level

Visit Time = 1

Channel = "Banner"

But when I apply this segment, I can see only Visit=1 data, none of visit > 1 data is not listed.

Even in the Visit=1 list, I can see other Channels other than "Banner".

1602987_pastedImage_4.png

Could you please help to clarify, how we can set the segment to see: All the first visit from "Banner" ONLY and their further behaviors.

The expected result would be:

Visit Number 1, breakdown by Channel, only "Banner" listed, then in each of other "Visit Number *", when breakdown by "Channel", I can see all other channels.

1602988_pastedImage_6.png

Thank you for the help in advance.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Please use first touch channel= "banner" in your segment condition.

Using the above would provide the scenarios where first visit of the user was via channel "banner" and then the corresponding visits via "banner" or "other channels".

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Please use first touch channel= "banner" in your segment condition.

Using the above would provide the scenarios where first visit of the user was via channel "banner" and then the corresponding visits via "banner" or "other channels".

Level 8
Level 8

Hi pankajb58197403,

Thanks for your reply, then how I can get all the traffic from e.g.: Visit time =2 and from Banner ONLY?

In fact that is my question...I would like to how to create segment for specific ONE channel and their further access to our site.

Best,

H

Level 3

Hi,

Sure, in that case you could leverage sequential segments- Overall container: "Visitor"

First Level Container: "Hit" where you could apply condition- Visit number ="2" and last touch channel="Banner"

and then the corresponding conditions sequentially. Below screenshot might help:

1604550_pastedImage_5.png

The conditions can be modified as per your business use case.

Below document might also help:

About Segments and Containers

Thanks,

Pankaj Bagga