Expand my Community achievements bar.

Not able to see created Report Suits

Level 1

I have created 2-3 report suites, but I am not able to see them in my sandbox. I have admin access, but I still cannot see them. Please provide me with a solution.

11 Replies

Level 9

Hi @NiteshChainani 

are you talking about Experience Platform Sandboxes or in Analysis Workspace?

Community Advisor

There are different levels of "admins", you might be an admin, but still subject to the granted permissions in your product profile.

You should check your permissions in the admin console.

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1719069550985.png

For instance, here is a permission set that I give to my non-admin users, since they don't need access to the Dev / QA suites, I have curated the report suites that they do have access to.

Versus a product profile that is set to auto-include all suites, including new ones:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1719070047834.png

Depending on your setup, let's say you had 10 suites, if your permissions weren't set up to "auto-include", but rather you just had those 10 suites manually selected, then as new suites are added, you would still just see the original 10.

Level 9

True what @Jennifer_Dungan @is saying.

my understanding was that you were the one who created the report suites or was it another admin from your organization?

Level 1

I have created the report suite, but I am still not able to see the one.

NiteshChainani_0-1719126388901.png

Level 9

HI @NiteshChainani 

maybe this helps

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/administration/user-management/...

Again, when you are saying "I am not able to see them in my sandbox" what exactly do you mean with sandbox?

a) If you are talking about the RSID setting in your Experience Platform Datastream, this does not have an autocomplete feature. There you would have to provide the actual report suite name.

bjoern__koth_1-1719129386595.png

b) If you are talking about visibility in the Analysis Workspace report suite dropdown, please do check that in your admin console's product profile, you have chosen the settings. As @Jennifer_Dungan mentioned, Adobe has a really fine granular set of rights you can grant to users which is sometimes a curse and a blessing at the same time.

bjoern__koth_0-1719129251869.png

If this setting does not show the report suites, you could - for testing - also go all in, meaning create a product profile for your report suites and click "include all" in all categories.

Let me know if this works for you

Level 1

@Jennifer_Dungan  Could you please guide me with the steps to check the report suite levels?
Thanks

Community Advisor

Similar to Bjorn's images above, but checking your actual Report Suite access:

Go to https://adminconsole.adobe.com/

Click on Users, find yourself.

Under Products, expand Adobe Analytics Profiles to see which profiles your account is using... you may have more than 1.

You can't click on the Profiles directly here, you will have to go find them another way. In my case, all permissions are set via User Groups, and those are clickable, so I can click on each user group, to open it, then click on the "Assigned Product Profile" tab to see the different profiles that are attached to the group... these are clickable.

Or, if you aren't using groups, you can go to Products, Click on Adobe Analytics, click on the correct instance (i.e. the company - you may have 1 or multiple here), then you will be shown all the Product Profiles. Find the Product Profiles that you belong to.

Regardless of which way you get to the Product Profile, the steps from here are the same. Open the profile, click on the Permissions tab:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1719157975425.png

Look at the Report Suites; if it doesn't say "Auto-included" then its a curated list of access.

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1719158047972.png

or

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1719158092884.png

If it's not auto-included, click on the pencil icon to change the settings... keep in mind, every user in this Profile will get the update. So if these are test suites that you don't want other people to see, then you should create a new Profile, setting up the access to those report suites and what metrics, dimensions and tools you will need on them... then you can assign that new profile to yourself.

Level 1

I'm using the Adobe Analytics University Student Sandbox and cant see the create report suite under admin consol. Does the student sandbox even have this feature?
 Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 16.05.06.png

Level 9

Hi @Edward_Cotty 

your sandbox for sure does not include admin privileges to see and edit report suites.

Else, this navigation would include a lot more items and columns

Level 1

Oh I think that is what the original poster also experienced. 

How then do I test the product because all of the documentation/ help videos show these steps. 

I work for a large corporation and need to test this function in order to motivate its use.

Level 9

Guess you will need to find out who an administrator is and ask nicely if you can have more privileges.

He/she should be able to give you more rights, just on your own report suite