Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

SAINT File Values are not visible in Analytics reports

Level 3

Hello Team,

Hope you are doing well.

I have uploaded a SAINT file in Adobe Analytics through the classification Importer. It is having all campaign-related columns(campaign name, campaign type, channels, etc.). When I uploaded my file successfully I can't see the values under some columns (MISC, MISC2, MISC3) for some campaigns only. They are visible as "Unknown" under reports. I have 20 campaigns in the SAINT file, all are available in the Analytics reports(campaign name, channels) but some campaigns(approx. 2-3) don't have values under(Misc, Misc2, Misc3) columns, even when their values are present in SAINT file.

Can you please help me in suggesting what can be the reason for this ?

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Perhaps re download template for particular metric.

(dont delete any of top rows that are part of template)

make sure template is for the variable you want to SAINT update.

Then use a text editor and not excel to add the new rows of data.

then try re upload and see.

BTW how big is upload file in terms of file size?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 4

Hey @harshu_4u  When did you upload the classification file ? Has it been 72 hours since you uploaded the data

Level 3

Hey, 

Yes, I have uploaded the classification file last Friday, so it's been more than 72 hours already.

Level 3

Yes, I checked this question already also checked my file for all the special characters and whitespaces but still it's same.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Perhaps re download template for particular metric.

(dont delete any of top rows that are part of template)

make sure template is for the variable you want to SAINT update.

Then use a text editor and not excel to add the new rows of data.

then try re upload and see.

BTW how big is upload file in terms of file size?

Level 3

Thanks Pablo,

I will try the approach you suggested.

Meanwhile, my SAINT file size is around 30 KB only.

Community Advisor

As we do not know the key values you are trying to upload and we do not have the file you uploaded, there is little we can do apart from providing some advise.

1. Read this documentation with common issues: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

2. Retry to upload using the following:

• download the template for your variable
  • add one line of classification for a specific key
  • validate no new tabs or any funky characters are added. 

3. I believe when you upload there is an option to download the uploaded classification which should tell you if it was successful or not. at least report us the confirmation message

Also I would open your file using a text editor like notepad++, there is a button like ¶ which allows you to see all characters including tabs and spaces. This should allow you to validate no additional tab are being added.

if issue persist contact cuctomercare as they should help further

Level 3

Hello Alexis,

I couldn't upload my file here as it is having classified link from client. But after downloading and uploading the same file many times, now the issue has been resolved.

But, currently I am facing another issue as some of the links from the SAINT file are not showing as classified, they are using the value from the campaign parameter in Analytics workspace.

I will open a new question for it.

Best,