Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

s.visitorID equivalent with the AEP Web SDK

Level 3

Team,

What is the equivalent of s.visitorID with the AEP Web SDK?

I'm trying to find a solution where Adobe Analytics would use that custom visitor ID (such as CRM ID or Loyalty ID) to override the ECID so I can get an exact count of visitors that will not be cookie-based.

This Adobe doc seems to say that it is coming soon buit it has not been updated since 6/8/2022
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/visitorid.html

Visitor ID override using the Web SDK

Coming soon!

Additional details:

- my website is entirely gated and I can collect a custom visitor ID on all pages and links.
- even though I'll be using the AEP Web SDK, my client has not licensed any AEP-based tools (RT-CDP, AJO, CJA...) yet so the only tool I have is Adobe Analytics.

Thank you!

Olivier

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may try the alloy('getIdentity') function as documented in Identity Data in the Platform Web SDK | Adobe Experience Platform. However, this is not useful for your need to override the ECID.

In the AEP WebSDK world, customer profiles are created with identity service with the identity map to stitch multiple IDs. However, since you are only on AA and that may not be applicable to you as well.

One workaround could be to use the custom visitor id as the FPID (First-party device ID), First-party device IDs in the Platform Web SDK | Adobe Experience Platform. However, this may not be a good long-term solution as FPID means to be a "device" ID instead of a "user".

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, at this time, I don't think that's possible.

You can send your ID in another field group in your XDM object. But the primary visitor ID would still be from ECID when using Web SDK (as far as I know).

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may try the alloy('getIdentity') function as documented in Identity Data in the Platform Web SDK | Adobe Experience Platform. However, this is not useful for your need to override the ECID.

In the AEP WebSDK world, customer profiles are created with identity service with the identity map to stitch multiple IDs. However, since you are only on AA and that may not be applicable to you as well.

One workaround could be to use the custom visitor id as the FPID (First-party device ID), First-party device IDs in the Platform Web SDK | Adobe Experience Platform. However, this may not be a good long-term solution as FPID means to be a "device" ID instead of a "user".

Level 3

Thank you leocwlau and yes, unfortunately, FPID with uuid v4 is not good enough. But v5 is