Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics beacon is NOT firing when page URL has query parameters

Level 2

Hello Community,

We have come across a different situation, our Adobe Analytics implementation on logged-in space is done without a tag management system. We have provided JS libraries to web dev team and they have deployed the files. The site tracks analytics as expected when we don't use query params. 

Only when we append a query parameter to the page URL, we are not seeing analytics beacons in the browser.

Any thoughts or point of views?

Best,

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I agree with @yuhuisg, I've never seen, or heard of, such an issue... query strings are a standard behaviour of websites... 

I've been around since the old "Omniture" days (prior to Adobe buying the system) when all implementation was done with the old legacy H s_code.js files, then when we moved to coding with AppMeasurement.js and with Adobe Launch (we actually skipped DTM)... but in all those versions, query strings have been part of the site, and part of our tracking....

Any details you can provide us would be helpful in trying to diagnose your issue.

Is the site live? Can we see it in action? (If you don't want to share publicly, you can also send a private message)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

That's unusual and unexpected. I've tracked page URLs with queries to an eVar and the hits were always received and reported on.

Are you tracking your page URLs in an eVar? If so, can you share your code of how you've implemented this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I agree with @yuhuisg, I've never seen, or heard of, such an issue... query strings are a standard behaviour of websites... 

I've been around since the old "Omniture" days (prior to Adobe buying the system) when all implementation was done with the old legacy H s_code.js files, then when we moved to coding with AppMeasurement.js and with Adobe Launch (we actually skipped DTM)... but in all those versions, query strings have been part of the site, and part of our tracking....

Any details you can provide us would be helpful in trying to diagnose your issue.

Is the site live? Can we see it in action? (If you don't want to share publicly, you can also send a private message)