Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

S_Code / AppMeasurement / DTM & Launch

Level 4

Hi Community!

I'm a newby in Adobe Analytics and I struggling a bit to understand how the points mentioned in the title works.

I understood that AppMeasurement had replaced the S_Code.

Then, from what I could understand, DTM and Launch replaced AppMeasurement.
At least, DTM and Launch are the recommended solutions to integrate Adobe Analytics.

If you guys could help me to understand how these different solutions work and interact with each other (it at all), that would be awesome!

As a last point, I have a question from a client of mine which is the following:
s_code has been replaced by appmeasurement.js, so do we still have a "s_CompanyName" object?

Is the s_c_il a replacement object for the s_COMPANYNAME / s_Code? Is it something that has the same functionality?

If yes, where can I find it? If no, how things actually works now? (My client is using Launch)

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Swanan_ , welcome to the world of Adobe Analytics!

I understood that AppMeasurement had replaced the S_Code.

Correct!

Then, from what I could understand, DTM and Launch replaced AppMeasurement.

At least, DTM and Launch are the recommended solutions to integrate Adobe Analytics.

Not exactly. Firstly, DTM has sunset already, so let's ignore that. Launch is the modern tag management service by Adobe to manage your rules for firing digital marketing tags.

Specifically for Adobe Analytics, AppMeasurement is still the underlying technology that's needed to send data to AA. Launch provides a user-friendly way to send that data, without you needing to deal with JavaScript code too much.

s_code has been replaced by appmeasurement.js, so do we still have a "s_CompanyName" object?

Is the s_c_il a replacement object for the s_COMPANYNAME / s_Code? Is it something that has the same functionality?

If yes, where can I find it? If no, how things actually works now? (My client is using Launch)

If your client is using Launch, then you can set most of the required settings from the user-friendly form interface provided by the extension and its actions.

Specifically to your question, yes, s_account (not s_companyName) is still needed. But there's a drop-down selector in the Adobe Analytics extension interface that lets you choose the appropriate report suite, so you don't have to type it in yourself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Swanan_ , welcome to the world of Adobe Analytics!

I understood that AppMeasurement had replaced the S_Code.

Correct!

Then, from what I could understand, DTM and Launch replaced AppMeasurement.

At least, DTM and Launch are the recommended solutions to integrate Adobe Analytics.

Not exactly. Firstly, DTM has sunset already, so let's ignore that. Launch is the modern tag management service by Adobe to manage your rules for firing digital marketing tags.

Specifically for Adobe Analytics, AppMeasurement is still the underlying technology that's needed to send data to AA. Launch provides a user-friendly way to send that data, without you needing to deal with JavaScript code too much.

s_code has been replaced by appmeasurement.js, so do we still have a "s_CompanyName" object?

If yes, where can I find it? If no, how things actually works now? (My client is using Launch)

If your client is using Launch, then you can set most of the required settings from the user-friendly form interface provided by the extension and its actions.

Specifically to your question, yes, s_account (not s_companyName) is still needed. But there's a drop-down selector in the Adobe Analytics extension interface that lets you choose the appropriate report suite, so you don't have to type it in yourself.

Level 4

Hi @yuhuisg 

Thanks a lot for these explanations!

Now I got the difference between these technologies and it's very clear.

Regarding the s_account, I'm not sure to understand where I can define it?

Do you have any documentation related to this topic to share with me?

Also if you can share with me any documentation/tips to check if the setup has been done correctly, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Community Advisor

Hi @Swanan_ 

As @yuhuisg  mentioned, s_account needed for to define report suite id that easily configurable in Adobe Launch - using Adobe analytics extension 

Once you installed adobe analytics extension - click on configure button, you can see Library management section, select the report suites  like below 

gokula_0-1633353873818.png

If you're using any custom setup in that case I think s_gi function to instantiate an Analytics tracking object, the report suite ID’s already exist as a required argument in the function.

// Instantiate the tracking object with a single report suite
var s = s_gi("examplersid");

You can check the below AppMeasurement documentation

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/overview.html?lang=en

and Launch documentation 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/analytics/overview...

Hope this helps, 

Level 4

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal,

Thanks for the additional information,

So If I'm understanding everything right, the s_account object will be instantiated once we select the report suites for a specific library?

Will the name of the s_account object change depending on the report suites/account ID/account name (for example if the report suite is abc then s_account become s_abc)? Can I retrieve this information in the JavaScript console?

Thanks a lot for your help on the subject.

Community Advisor

If you're using Launch, then you don't have to worry about s_account, s_gi, all that. Focus on what the interface provides you.

Probably the only s thing that you need to know is the "s" object itself, if you need to set certain eVars/props/events in the Adobe Analytics "Set Variables" custom code area.

Level 4

Got it.

Thank you very much both of you @yuhuisg and @Gokul_Agiwal for you help here.

It's really helpful !