Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking in incognito mode

Level 2

I wanted to confirm what exactly is happening when user is browsing in the incognito mode. I can't see any analytics calls fired which would be expected but I wanted to confirm that tracking is blocked. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In general, if you don't see any network requests to your AA tracking server, then it's a very good chance that tracking isn't occurring.

From my experience, tracking is blocked in private windows in Firefox, Edge and Brave when using the browsers' default settings. Tracking should still work with Chrome's private windows.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In general, if you don't see any network requests to your AA tracking server, then it's a very good chance that tracking isn't occurring.

From my experience, tracking is blocked in private windows in Firefox, Edge and Brave when using the browsers' default settings. Tracking should still work with Chrome's private windows.

Level 2

Thanks. That was useful. Interesting as I don't see any tracking calls sent from Chrome in the incognito mode. Following your answer it seems nothing is sent to Adobe. 

Community Advisor

Do you have any browser extensions that might be blocking the tracking calls? E.g. ad blockers, Ghostery...?