Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Running 2 tag managers at the same time?

Level 1

I are currently in the middle of Adobe Analytics and Adobe Audience manger implementation.

I would like to use 2 tag managers (Google and Adobe) at the same time (for migration purpose) but I am wondering if it will slow down the website.

I have noticed that other companies are using 2 tag managers so any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is quite possible and I've done it several times - Tag managers don't slow sites, obviously, there is a performance impact in adding any script to any site but these days negligible. The tags that the tag managers implement are usually the culprit for slow performing sites. Control and manage your tag managers by implementing rules and processes and you should be fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Ogroux,

Answer would be tentative.

Best practice is to have 1 Tag Manager in place but if it is important and essential to use 2 Tag Managers for intermediate purpose, it should be fine unless you don't duplicate the tags.

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is quite possible and I've done it several times - Tag managers don't slow sites, obviously, there is a performance impact in adding any script to any site but these days negligible. The tags that the tag managers implement are usually the culprit for slow performing sites. Control and manage your tag managers by implementing rules and processes and you should be fine.

Employee Advisor

To add, it might be easier from a tag management perspective to have both GA and AA on the same tag management platform. I know Adobe Launch supports many analytics tools, which would allow your organization to simplify workflows.