Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Row percentages with in a breakdown

Level 3

Ok bear with me here...

Row percentages with in a breakdown seem require the full metric field to be included in order to be calculated across the row. Otherwise it calculates across the entire report.

Why does the system generated percentages not match the calculated percentages?

Within a breakdown, the system generated ROW percentages are actually percentages of the higher level dimension for that specific day.

See screenshots below...

i.e. Reference and Tools breakdown for Sept 1... Aud Non Registered User Page Views shows a ROW percentage of 25.6%. That is NOT 25% of page views on 9/1 within the reference pillar. Its actually shows that the 811K page views are 25.6% of the entire page views for the entire day. (see 2nd screenshot to compare)

811,220 / 0.2561058 = 3,168,828 (This is the total page views across the site for 9/1 NOT for just the parent row)

Non Reg + Reg PV = 811,220 + 841,128 = 1,652,348 - This matches the total page views for the reference pillar for 9/1/20.

I really hope this makes sense...

andrewz_webmd_2-1610636007147.png

Below is only 9/1 to show the total PV for the day referenced above.

andrewz_webmd_0-1610636940055.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear andrewz_webmd,

Sorry, might have missed it, and thanks for adding me.

Yes, what you said is right. When we have a breakdown, rather than calculating the breakdown's metric total it is taking the metric total for the entire day.

Not sure whether it is a bug or some settings to be enabled. I tried possible ways to see some settings but was unable to see such in my short exploration.

Better to raise it with Customer Care and explain what's happening. If it is a calculation bug, they can raise it with the engineering team to fix it. But, great catch there!

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

I think there is a setting that controls this, though not exactly sure. You may want to reach out to Client Care for a detailed discussion.

Level 3
Correct.. there is an option to change from "calculate percentage by row" vs "by column" and i have both the high level dimension and the breakdown dimension set to "row".... but its calculating across all high level dimensions and not only within the breakdown.

Level 3

I missed the 1yr mark by 4 days.... any takers on this? 

Level 3

@PratheepArunRaj I'm surprised I have not heard from you on this one....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear andrewz_webmd,

Sorry, might have missed it, and thanks for adding me.

Yes, what you said is right. When we have a breakdown, rather than calculating the breakdown's metric total it is taking the metric total for the entire day.

Not sure whether it is a bug or some settings to be enabled. I tried possible ways to see some settings but was unable to see such in my short exploration.

Better to raise it with Customer Care and explain what's happening. If it is a calculation bug, they can raise it with the engineering team to fix it. But, great catch there!

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 3

I do appreciate the confirmation as frustrating as it may be...