Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Revisit User behavior from the campaign (Tracking Code)

Level 2

Hello, Community

There are two conditions I would like to capture from Adobe Analytics.

1. How many visitors have "re-visited" the site after coming into the site via Tracking Code A

2. How many orders were made in those "revisited" visits?

So I made a segment to capture the "re-visitors" of the tracking code A. Does my segment capture the data that fit in the condition #1? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 2.38.34 PM.png

For the condition #2, I think I should apply "After Sequence" condition only to capture the actions made after the sequence (revisit). Would this work?

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 2.38.47 PM.png

Thank you so much in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Hi 

1. For your first use case you can create a segment like this 

Bhemarasetty_vani_0-1630993063677.png

Basically, based on the use case you are looking for all the visitors who have revisited the website, that means visits >1 and through a specific tracking code.

while in your screen shot, visit exits will take into count the new visits as well and you are looking at visit level but not at visitor level.

2.Since you are looking for those revisited visitors who have placed orders , you can use just use this segment and over the Orders metric to get the orders placed by the return visitors from a specific tracking code value 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Hi 

1. For your first use case you can create a segment like this 

Bhemarasetty_vani_0-1630993063677.png

Basically, based on the use case you are looking for all the visitors who have revisited the website, that means visits >1 and through a specific tracking code.

while in your screen shot, visit exits will take into count the new visits as well and you are looking at visit level but not at visitor level.

2.Since you are looking for those revisited visitors who have placed orders , you can use just use this segment and over the Orders metric to get the orders placed by the return visitors from a specific tracking code value 

Hope this helps

Level 2

Thanks @VaniBhemarasetty 

I'd like to create a segment which qualifies

1) User should have entered the site via tracking code a

2) And then user revised the site (from any traffic sources)

So basically I want to know how many people have revisited the site after they previously came from the tracking code a

If I use the segment you created, wouldn't it capture the users who revisited the site only from tracking code a?

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

@unba2020 In that case, you can edit the segment in this way, 

Bhemarasetty_vani_0-1630995093067.png

You can apply this to reporting in workspace on a traffic related dimensions, you would give all the other traffic sources as well, the visitors have visited later on. 

You can read more about the containers here in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-overview.html?lang=en\

and sequential segmentation here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-...

I would suggest to create the segment and apply the segment on your reports to understand this better

Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Did you have a chance to try out the recommendation ?

Let me know if you have more questions in this regard

Community Advisor

Dear unba2020,

There are few ways how we can do this, but I would go based on the below.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1631115453879.png

One segment for both the scenarios. Just use the metrics 'Visits' to understand the traffic and 'Orders' to understand the conversion.

However, the Tracking Code visit is not the first visit and can be anything. Also, the visits or order is not only be the immediate visit after the tracking code but all the visits made after the tracking code.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics