Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Revision request: Difference in linear distribution between Report & Analytics and Workspace

Level 1

I am checking the numbers in the Analysis Workspace for the end of Report &Analytcs, but I am having trouble because the linear distribution is very different.

This is a problem that can be resolved by reviewing the following documentation at
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/calcmetric-workflow/... en
In Reports & Analytics, if no value is passed on the first hit of a visit, the (initial) value is retained from the previous visit; in Workspace (Attribution IQ), this is not the case. If no value is passed on the first hit of the visit, "None" will be the initial value.
I understand that this is the difference between the two specifications

However, if this is the case, there will be a difference between the previous values created in Report & Analytics and those in Workspace, which will have to be used after Report & Analytics is closed, so we won't be able to compare year over year, etc.

I strongly hope that the product will be improved so that the same values can be obtained in Workspace as in Report & Analytics, for example, by making it possible to select the allocation method in Workspace by "visit-based" or "visitor-based", and also by selecting how to have the initial values.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @Rsato ,

Is this the 'idea', you propose? If yes, can you change the category of the post from 'Question' to 'Idea'?

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @Rsato ,

Is this the 'idea', you propose? If yes, can you change the category of the post from 'Question' to 'Idea'?

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Dear @PratheepArunRaj ,

To be precise, it is a "Request for improvement".
I contacted Adobe's support case about this issue and received a reply stating that it is a "product specification" as mentioned above.
Furthermore, they said, "If it is a product improvement request, you are more likely to be heard if you post it in the community than if you make a request to us," so I posted it here.

I couldn't decide whether "Idea" or "Question" would be more appropriate in this case.

Thank you