Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unspecified value in percent page view

Level 1

Dear Members,

I am getting huge percentage of percent page viewed value under “unspecified”.
Beacon looks good to me. Value of percent page viewed is set correctly in the beacon.

While analyzing it further, I am not finding any page where all the values of percent page viewed is coming as 'unspecified' so it means the tracking is working fine, but there are cases where it is not getting set(As per analytics data) and I don't know why?

njha4_0-1677487510681.png

Not sure if AA is not able to collect this information correctly, need your expertise on the possible root cause of the issue. 

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @njha4 ,

1. Check whether the 'Percentage Page View' is set for both Page View and Non-Page View Call.

2. When I see your screenshot, I assume it is Classification. So, check whether the Classification Rule is fine.

If both are fine, come back with screenshots on direct eVar and not the classification grouping.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @njha4 ,

1. Check whether the 'Percentage Page View' is set for both Page View and Non-Page View Call.

2. When I see your screenshot, I assume it is Classification. So, check whether the Classification Rule is fine.

If both are fine, come back with screenshots on direct eVar and not the classification grouping.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Community Advisor

Are you using the plugin getPercentPageViewed? If so, you need to remember that this plugin gets the % viewed data of a page, but only sends it on the next page view.... this means that all single page views, and last pages viewed on your site will have no value. (Similar to how there is no time spent associated to single pages and last pages in the site, as there is nothing to calculate the time against).

This is one of the reasons the implementation guide has you sent the previous page name as a dimension along with the %.. since you can't correlate the % data against the page that the data is sent with... 

Page A > Page B > Page C

% viewed data for Page A is sent on Page B... the data for Page B is sent on Page C... there is no tracking call to send data for Page C on; leaving Page C in this scenario as unspecified.