Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Retrieving Deleted Segments

Level 1

Hi,

I noticed that 2 segments we have been using have been deleted for some reason and I need to be able to get them back.

Can this be done and if so, how?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Colin,

Once a segment is deleted it cannot be retrieved. It is possible the segment got deleted by another user. However, if you have any scheduled report using the deleted segment, it would continue to use that segment until you re-save it. If you know the segment definition, you could create new ones and add them to your report. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Colin,

Once a segment is deleted it cannot be retrieved. It is possible the segment got deleted by another user. However, if you have any scheduled report using the deleted segment, it would continue to use that segment until you re-save it. If you know the segment definition, you could create new ones and add them to your report. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Can you retrieve deleted user accounts that would have set up these segments?

Thanks,

Colin

Level 10

Hi Colin,

I am afraid retrieving deleted user accounts would not be possible. You would have to create the segment definition again. 

Thanks,

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay, 

is there any possibility to find out the definition of deleted segments if the Report Builder Request Manager shows something like Inaccessible/Deleted segment sXXX.... ?

Thanks
Radoslaw

Level 10

Hi Radoslaw,

Welcome to the community!

I am afraid you wont be able to view the segment. If there is a pressing need, a good idea would be to reach out to the Client Care and see if they can look it up from the backend.

Thanks,

Tanmay