Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Builder Errors

Level 1

I am having trouble getting report builder to retrieve data, either with a new query or with existing ones.

I have installed the report builder 5.2, the 32 bit version which matches my version of excel 2010.

I am able to login with my credentials and connect successfully.

I've tried creating a brand new report in a brand new workbook.  Clicking the 'Create' item in the ribbon opens the report suite and I can see the report suite and all options.  I choose to create a simple report, using just yesterday's date and the Site Totals.  I added an Applies metric to the report and click finish.It prompts me to select a cell in the new worksheet, and then it tries to build the report.  I see "Queuing report" and "Queued" and "Retrieving data" and then a pop up comes up with "An error occured."

No other information is given and the data never comes back.

I have a few other reports in a saved workbook which were created with the 4.7 version of Report Builder that I've also tried.  In the Manage window, when I highlight one of them, I get the error “Please Exit the Excel Cell with focus before using this feature”, even though I’m not in a cell.  If I try to refresh them, it spins on the Retrieving data, but never comes back.  Sometimes it also gives the "An error occured" error with no other detail.

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is blocking the creation of reports that I need to get up and running.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

“Please Exit the Excel Cell with focus before using this feature” comes If you are in edit mode in an Excel cell and click one of the report builder icons. Edit mode in an Excel cell means that the cell is selected and the cursor appears inside the cell. You are also in edit mode in an Excel cell when you type directly into the Formula bar or into the Name Box at the top of Excel.

I think this troubleshooting document would help you- https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/troubleshoot.html

Let me know if you are able to run your reports. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

“Please Exit the Excel Cell with focus before using this feature” comes If you are in edit mode in an Excel cell and click one of the report builder icons. Edit mode in an Excel cell means that the cell is selected and the cursor appears inside the cell. You are also in edit mode in an Excel cell when you type directly into the Formula bar or into the Name Box at the top of Excel.

I think this troubleshooting document would help you- https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/troubleshoot.html

Let me know if you are able to run your reports. Thanks!

Tanmay