Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Reports and Analytics > Top Level Domains - Workspace equivalent?

Level 3

Hi

I've been asked to provide an updated view of the old Reports & Analytics Top Level Domains report.

2022-07-12_09-53-23.png

In Workspace this dimension doesn't exist.  There is a "Domain" dimension, which, according to the documentation "...does not have a variable to populate...".

So I can't add a classification to it to get the top level domain value; I can't assign the value to a different evar in Processing Rules... 

Is there a way to replicate this report in Workspace?

Alternatively, is there a way to get the Reports menu item back in to the top nav for certain users (it looks like some people still have it and some don't - I don't)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The "Top Level Domain" report in Adobe is basically looking at the "Domains" data, but only the ".com", ".net", ".co.uk", ".de" portion of those domains and grouping them under their country/general identifier.

Sadly there is no classifications available on Domains that I can see....  You could in theory create a proxy of this by creating the main known "Top Level Domains" as segments - maybe look at the top 5-10 that show in your report, then create a "fallback other". Using multiple "Domain contains x" and build out a similar report (unless you can get Adobe to add this to workspace - I would also check if this is already on the roadmap... (but I suspect likely not.. this doesn't seem like it would be a popular report to be honest).

------------

As for getting "Reports" back in your top menu... this is tied to the "new landing page" option:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1657635205733.png

The "new" landing page combines Workspace and some reports into one view....

Not sure if you still have the ability to turn that off. If this is already off, maybe someone removed access in the Admin Console?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Ben_Step This seems like a report from where most of your traffic is coming from.If that is what you want to report you can use "countries"/"Region" dimensions in the workspace to know in which geo-location you have the most traffic coming from.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/countries.html?lang=en

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/regions.html?lang=en

These documents can help you 

Community Advisor

I'm getting the same result as you, i.e. in Workspace, I can see "Domain" but not the old Top Level Domain.

I suggest that you post this as an Idea in this forum, or bring it up with Client Care so that they can forward it to Analytics Engineering for the latter's consideration.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The "Top Level Domain" report in Adobe is basically looking at the "Domains" data, but only the ".com", ".net", ".co.uk", ".de" portion of those domains and grouping them under their country/general identifier.

Sadly there is no classifications available on Domains that I can see....  You could in theory create a proxy of this by creating the main known "Top Level Domains" as segments - maybe look at the top 5-10 that show in your report, then create a "fallback other". Using multiple "Domain contains x" and build out a similar report (unless you can get Adobe to add this to workspace - I would also check if this is already on the roadmap... (but I suspect likely not.. this doesn't seem like it would be a popular report to be honest).

------------

As for getting "Reports" back in your top menu... this is tied to the "new landing page" option:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1657635205733.png

The "new" landing page combines Workspace and some reports into one view....

Not sure if you still have the ability to turn that off. If this is already off, maybe someone removed access in the Admin Console?