Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

ReportBuilder Schedule Limitation of 5 MB

Level 5

In 2017 I asked about this limitation and I'm amazed that this is still in place!

I would love to hear from anyone who is using this because as much as I would like to I can't get my files that small.

This is what a 5 MB Excel file contains; 4 columns by 20 rows!

5MB Excel File.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There's this idea thread currently on the community that I'd recommend voting up: Increase File Size Limit for Report Builder to 10MB

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Are you absolutely 100% positively sure that's literally the only thing in your workbook? I have workbooks with multiple requests and more lines of data, and they're only 20KB. I'm pretty sure I can fit multiple requests with 50K rows and still not even hit 1MB.

Level 5

No not positive; It must be because I started with more content that I removed and the file is still retaining some of it.

Still, I don't see why the limit is so low. They should at least increase it to 25 MB to match GMAIL limits.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There's this idea thread currently on the community that I'd recommend voting up: Increase File Size Limit for Report Builder to 10MB

Level 8

Just jumping in here - I have seen this happen before with report builder.

We have a report that is 400kb and VERY detailed (1 evar that has 20 variables x 7 days x 3 devices x 10 marketing channels) - which then has maybe 10 metrics. This is normally 400kb(ish) however when we ran it on an other report suite it jumps to 8 meg. The number of rows/columns/design stay the same, so the file size should be very similar but it appears not.

Obviously at 8 meg we can't run schedule it so it has to be manually run by staff and emailed out.

Thanks

Dave

Level 8

Sorry forgot to add....

...but yes - in a world of cohort analysis, instant segmentation on millions of rows and all the other impressive things Adobe has - it seems crazy that we are limited on the email schedule.

Thanks

Dave