Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Builder Total Count?

Level 2

In Report Builder I'm trying to run a report for the last 3 months, monthly granularity, of total File Downloads on the site. However, I can't figure out how to get a Total count for all files aggregated vs. a count of Top 10, specific files, etc.

I'm sure there's an easy answer I'm overlooking, can someone help point it out?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

I believe the standard File Downloads dimension in RB has to pull down with the ranked File Downloads values. If it was possible to aggregate as a metric then it would show up in the Site Metrics>Site Totals option in RB. The best option is you may have to pull down three separate full month requests by month for the max 50k rows for file downloads and then do manual sum work in Excel. The good news is you can still arrive at an answer, but it may take more than one request.

The only workaround I know that would work as you describe in one data block would be if you had a custom event allocated to file downloads then it would be available and show up in Site Metrics>Site Totals.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

I believe the standard File Downloads dimension in RB has to pull down with the ranked File Downloads values. If it was possible to aggregate as a metric then it would show up in the Site Metrics>Site Totals option in RB. The best option is you may have to pull down three separate full month requests by month for the max 50k rows for file downloads and then do manual sum work in Excel. The good news is you can still arrive at an answer, but it may take more than one request.

The only workaround I know that would work as you describe in one data block would be if you had a custom event allocated to file downloads then it would be available and show up in Site Metrics>Site Totals.

Best,

Brian