Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report builder can't add report to dashboard in omniture

Level 1

I would like to create a custom report based on my workspace. How can I get this up and running?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eiva, 

To add a custom report to your dashboard, do the following:

1. Open the custom report that you have created

2. Click on 'More' you will see a 'Dashboard' option. If you don't see it, your report would not be compatible with dashboards

3. A new dialog box will open, select the dashboard you want the report to be in

The report will show up in your dashboard, if it doesn't show up, there may not be enough space on your dashboard. You can click on the 'Layout' option over the dashboard and look at the chiclets on the side panel. Drag the chiclet of your report into an empty area in the dashboard. 

Let me know if that works for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Eiva,

Could you please give me some more details about what you are trying to achieve? That would be really helpful to answer your question.

Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

I would like to create a new custom report and keep it my dashboard (I don't want to receive it on a weekly or daily basis in my inbox). By default it comes with column- dates instead of my custom variable (ex payment type evar) that i'm including to be there instead of the default option.

In order to get this done I do the following:

step 1: I select a custom report already created

step 2: I click "more" and click "extract data" and customize the data.

I don't get this working and I think im not following the correct steps. Please can you guide me on this.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards

Eiva

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eiva, 

To add a custom report to your dashboard, do the following:

1. Open the custom report that you have created

2. Click on 'More' you will see a 'Dashboard' option. If you don't see it, your report would not be compatible with dashboards

3. A new dialog box will open, select the dashboard you want the report to be in

The report will show up in your dashboard, if it doesn't show up, there may not be enough space on your dashboard. You can click on the 'Layout' option over the dashboard and look at the chiclets on the side panel. Drag the chiclet of your report into an empty area in the dashboard. 

Let me know if that works for you. Thanks!

Tanmay