Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder Not Working At All Now

Level 1

Hi,

Went from RB v4.7 to v5 after the release since it seemed like it could be hugely beneficial but apparently Adobe released a very faulty and buggy piece of software. So uninstalling it and going back v4.7 created a huge amount of issues, none of which resulted in RB working.

Long story short, new laptop running Win 7 and Excel 2013 (About reports 32 bit version) and neither v4.7 or v5.0 (further, not even 32 or 64 bit versions) work. Nothing. Doesn't come up on the Add-Ins tab; going to add-ins under options shows that sometimes Report Builder bridge is active, sometimes inactive, sometimes not there (depending on the install or its mood).

This is hugely frustrating and I desperately need help. It would be enough just to get back to where I was before this mess but I can't. I am loosing a lot of time since many Excel dashboards are build around RB and they just cannot be run.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey

140529-000018

This is an incident that contains an issue.  Unable to get any data since upgrading it just sits saying "retrieving data".

There is a workbook attached to the ticket.

Cheers

Drew

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Level 6

Now we can refresh reports, but it still takes longer time than earlier to refresh.

The 'blank cell' issue is reported as fixed with RB v. 5.0.25. However, I still see it as long as regional settings of windows isn't the same as OS & Excel language. Does anyone see any improvement on the 'blank cell' issue, without changing regional settings?

/Løjmann