Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Builder - creating a report with fixed start date and rolling end date

Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knew how build a report in report builder which has a fixed start date (for eg: 1/10/2014) and a rolling end date?

Eg: If I run the report today, I want unique visits by day from the 1/10/2014 up to 21/12/2014

Eg2: If I ran the same report tomorrow, date range would be 1/10/2014 to 22/12/2014.

I can do this in Adobe Reporting and Analytics though cannot seem to replicate this in report builder.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Try to using "dates from cell" , in one cell you can keep the desired historic date and in second cell use formula "today()" which give you the current date.

This method could help you in achieving your task.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Try to using "dates from cell" , in one cell you can keep the desired historic date and in second cell use formula "today()" which give you the current date.

This method could help you in achieving your task.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

+1!!!! 

We have used dates from cell for a long time. However, we started running in to issues where the Excel time zone on Adobe's servers were sometimes on a different "today" than our report suite's timezone's "today."

CC recommended that we not use dates from cell to prevent this from happening. But then there is no good way to report on month to date, year to date, etc.

Level 1

Hey,

'dates from cell' is something that I found quite useful. How does it work with scheduling, though? I noticed that when I receive the file by email I do not get the updated data, even though my date calculation has taken place. When I then refresh the report manually, I get the data I need. Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance