Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder - Add-In Not Enabled, Using MS Office 365 ProPlus

Level 1

Hi All,

Adobe Analytics Report Builder is installed on my PC, however it is not opening within Microsoft Excel (Version is MS Office 365 ProPlus) ...

Within the list of Excel Add-Ons this is what we see:

image-2020-09-03-15-29-07-552.png

We have tried re-enabling the COM Add-In in the below manner:

image-2020-09-03-15-49-22-590.png

However each time we attempt to it fails and then displays the following message:

image-2020-09-03-15-51-26-256.png

Our Investigation So Far:

Tech Support's recommendation was to do a Microsoft Office repair, un-install the current report builder and then re-install it.

This however has not improved or resolved the issue.

Their most recent hypothesis is that the issue could be to do with my MS Office Version - 365 ProPlus - and that maybe it's not compatible with Report Builder...

Is that the possible cause?

At this point, we are in high-need of having this tool for work, so would greatly appreciated advice on how to resolve this.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I have a user with the same problem. The user was on v5.6.38 and this worked fine. I updated to v5.6.50 as the app requested, but now the add-in tab in Excel does not show when I enable the add-in via Excel Options. I had to re-install the old version so the user can carry on using Report Builder. 

Windows 10 v1803

Office v1902

Costa1_0-1621868224365.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi @SCox ,

Report Builder is compatible with MS office 365 ProPlus, you might need to check with your IT team as it could be possible due to some firewall setting on the organization network, Add-In is not working as expected. 

Employee Advisor

Generally, this is to do with issues while installing. Can you re-install and this time while installing expand the details and see if there were any errors? 

Employee Advisor

@SCox Is this still an issue for you, if yes can you share the details, we can help further in figuring this out. 

Correct answer by
Level 1

I have a user with the same problem. The user was on v5.6.38 and this worked fine. I updated to v5.6.50 as the app requested, but now the add-in tab in Excel does not show when I enable the add-in via Excel Options. I had to re-install the old version so the user can carry on using Report Builder. 

Windows 10 v1803

Office v1902

Costa1_0-1621868224365.png