Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Builder 5.2 issue

Level 2

Hello,

Yesterday deleted old RB 4.7 and installed latest RB 5.2.10. 

When I try to create a new request it says "Queued, Retrieving data", then produces pop-up screen "An error occurred." (see attached image), and does not produce anything. Gets stuck on "Retrieving data", then I have to close excel.

[img]7-15-2015 8-31-44 AM.png[/img]

When I try to refresh existing request, it keeps popping up "please exit the Excel Cell with focus before using this feature" window. (see attached image)

[img]exit-cell.png[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The first issue would need a deeper investigation and therefore I need the login details and the work book where you are seeing the error. Since, this is a public forum, these details cannot be shared. I would encourage you to get in touch with ClientCare with all the details and they should be able to help you.

Regarding the second issue, I have seen this happen few time, mostly when people use multiple monitors. Next time you see the error, click OK to close the alert. Then right click the windows task bar, select Cascade Windows. You should see the Report Builder Request Wizard in the center. Close it out and try refreshing the requests.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Khurshid Alam

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The first issue would need a deeper investigation and therefore I need the login details and the work book where you are seeing the error. Since, this is a public forum, these details cannot be shared. I would encourage you to get in touch with ClientCare with all the details and they should be able to help you.

Regarding the second issue, I have seen this happen few time, mostly when people use multiple monitors. Next time you see the error, click OK to close the alert. Then right click the windows task bar, select Cascade Windows. You should see the Report Builder Request Wizard in the center. Close it out and try refreshing the requests.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Khurshid Alam

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. 

1. An error occured

This could be due to multiple reasons. Please check that you match the RB bit version with your excel bit version (its different from windows bit version). It may also happen if the requested data is too large and servers are busy. Do let me know if its a recurring issue or a one timer.

2. Please Exit the Excel Cell with focus before using this feature

If you are in edit mode in an Excel cell and click one of the report builder icons, this error message appears. Edit mode in an Excel cell means that the cell is selected and the cursor appears inside the cell. You are also in edit mode in an Excel cell when you type directly into the Formula bar or into the Name Box at the top of Excel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

I have Windows 7 64-bit and my excel 2010 is 32-bit. I did make sure I downloaded RB 5.2 32-Bit version.

Level 1

I had the same problem but I solved it.

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi! 

It would be great if you could share the solution so that users could also benefit from it.

Regards,

TM

Level 10

I see. Need some additional information to identify the problem. 

1. Are you getting the first error for a particular request or this error shows up for every request that you are giving, even simple ones?

2. Also, are other users also experiencing the same issue or is it specific to your machine? 

TM

Level 2

TanmayM wrote...

I see. Need some additional information to identify the problem. 

1. Are you getting the first error for a particular request or this error shows up for every request that you are giving, even simple ones?

2. Also, are other users also experiencing the same issue or is it specific to your machine? 

TM

1. every request

2. others do not have this issue (with similar windows and excel versions). seems isolated only to my machine.

Level 10

Hi,

In this case i would request you to uninstall RB > Restart your system > Download RB 32-bit and install it. 

let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

TanmayM wrote...

Hi,

In this case i would request you to uninstall RB > Restart your system > Download RB 32-bit and install it. 

let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

TM

TM,

I tried above. No luck. We even repaired the Office afterwards. Still no luck. Same error.

Level 10

Hi, 

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Kindly update me if you still facing the issue or you have been able to fix it?

Regards,

TM

Level 2

Still not solved. Don't know what else to do. IT is thinking maybe we need to re-install the Office.

Level 10

I think we have tried most of the permutations. Now would be a good idea to reach out to the clientcare and report the issue to them. They could have a look at your system and close it very soon. 

Regards,

TM

Level 2

Hi,

I have the same exact issue, whereas i can set up and refresh successfully only the "General Information" reports such as "report suite", all the others, even some basic ones with revenue for one day, don't work - "An errors occurred" message pops up after a few seconds.

Was any solution found to this?

Thanks

Filipe