Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Recreating a report generated in SiteCatalyst 13.5

Level 2

OK, so my situation is:  there is a long running report which was created in Omniture 13.5 by the person who was in this position before I was.  Beginning last week the report is no longer running correctly.  I have looked and tried to see if I could recreate the report but have not had any luck so far in doing so.  I tweeted to Adobe support and @AdobeMktCare requested I post the report on here for assistance.  So attached is what the report looked like prior to last week and the new results I am receiving on it.  Any assistance with recreating this report would be greatly appreciated - I am sure there is a way, I just clearly do not know how to do so.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you tried creating a data request from an empty workbook? Just want to make sure it's an issue with report builder and not with the workbook.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the document.This report was build using reportbuilder or excel client to be precise as there as specific metrics which can be build using calculated metrics in the tables in the document.
So here is what we can do:
1) Either check for the excel and modify it in report builder.
2) Build a new one in report builder with the same layout. (This one will be better and easier)

Metrics:
Total Monthly Unique Visitors- Standard Metrics available in report builder
Average Page Views per Monthly Unique Visitor-Pageviews/Monthly Unique Visitors (calculated metrics needs to be build in SC interface or can be pulled separately in excel and then formula can be applied).
Average Visits per Yearly Unique Visitor-Visits/Yearly unique visitors (calculated metrics needs to be build in SC interface or can be pulled separately in excel and then formula can be applied).
Average Pages per Visit-Pages/Visit (calculated metrics needs to be build in SC interface or can be pulled separately in excel and then formula can be applied).
Average Time Spent per Visit (minutes)
Average Time Spent per Unique Visitor (minutes)
Total Usage Minutes

These metrics can be easily build by using report builder and can be refreshed regularly on a weekly basis.

Let me know if this helps and mark it solved if it solves your query.

Level 3

As a follow-up to this post, report builder can automatically convert ExcelClient created data blocks, so if you have a copy of the delivered report as it was scheduled from ExcelClient v13.5, you can easily upgrade to a report builder scheduled workbook.

Level 2

Thanks for the information.  I'm trying to find my Account Administrator so that I can download the reportbuilder plug-in for Excel.

Level 2

So I have finally got ReportBuilder Excel plug-in installed.  However what happens when I try to use it is:  

I open Excel -> got to Add-Ins -> Sign into Omniture -> Choose Create -> the Report Builder - Request Wizard: Step 1 of 2 box appears -> I change my Report Suite to the one I need -> it thinks about things for a few seconds I then receive an error "A system level error has occured."

[img]adobe error.JPG[/img]

I have reached out to my Adobe Account and his response was for me to geet a hold of ClientCare team as they are the technical 'lifeline".

Thanks for any advice/suggestions on this problem

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you tried creating a data request from an empty workbook? Just want to make sure it's an issue with report builder and not with the workbook.