Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Products - break down by one another (based on s.products)

Level 2

Hi guys

quick question: is there any way to find out / break down products that have been in the s.products string at the same time?

e.g. s.products = "prod1,prod2,prod3";

or another time s.products = "prod2,prod3,prod4,prod1";

What I would like to know is which other products prod1 has been in the products string with and how often.

This seems to be an essential feature which I have not managed to find yet.

Best

Björn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

found this Adobe page which answers my question or at least provides enough information to take it from here. Thanks for your responses!

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics-learn/tutorials/analysis-workspace/building-freefor...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

If you make a hit level segment ' hit: product = a' and apply that to a table or panel it should return any products that were inside the same hit.

Community Advisor

You have 2 options one should be out of the box. the other you need to report 1 at a time.

The first and ideal is a cross sell report. It will show a selected product and any other products in order of frequency it was sold with. The problem is that its a one to many relationship.

Option 2

If you capture a transaction ID at time of purchases and then associate all items in s.product then you can compare what items at time of a given purchase were sold together. You then could filter in exel combo matches... not as nice as cross sell.

A sort of thisr option is make a segment. For products in a transaction.

Correct answer by
Level 2

found this Adobe page which answers my question or at least provides enough information to take it from here. Thanks for your responses!

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics-learn/tutorials/analysis-workspace/building-freefor...