Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Product Conversion Funnel Questions

Level 1

Hello forum, 

I wanted to ask you a question regarding the product conversion funnel. I am new and was not present during set up of the SiteCatalyst, but here is what I see and can't really understand why

I see the following as an example:

Product Views - 100

Cart Additions - 20 (20%)

Checkouts - 2,000 (10,000%)

Orders - 500 (25%)

So, my question is how does it possible to see such a high number of "checkouts" and orders?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Ok, I looked at it more, and here are my findings...please correct me if I am wrong:

I think that due to the nature of the site, it is a nonprofit hospital...we actually sell stuff, and then also we take donation...I believe that every simple donation is being counted as a checkout...you go through a billing and checkout just as you would if you add something to your cart and then checkout....can that be the case?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi - are you able to load Digital Pulse debugger in your browser and visit the site being analyzed?  On the site itself, go through each step of the process you want to track and pause to run Digital Pulse on each page and check to see if each tag/event is firing properly.   If you can see the SiteCatalyst code in the source of each page, cut and paste it into a text editor (not Word) and compare the tags with the samples from the SiteCatalyst Implementation Guide and/or Marketing Cloud Reference to ensure the syntax is correct and that commas, semi-colons, etc. are correct.  Also be sure the Checkout tag isn't firing from too many places or times during the process.  Close attention to these details can help you figure this out - best of luck!

Level 4

Hi Dmitry,

Please check the definition of your success events as it is very unlikely and rare to have as scenario like above with only 100 product views, 20 cart additions,checkout is 2000 and total number of orders is 500.

You can use the below links to understand more about them.

1) http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/conversion-funnels-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

2)http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1966020&seqNum=2

3)http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Products_Conversion_Funnel_Report

Let me know if it helps you.

If you like the reply you can give it a heart and mark it closed.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 1

Ok, I looked at it more, and here are my findings...please correct me if I am wrong:

I think that due to the nature of the site, it is a nonprofit hospital...we actually sell stuff, and then also we take donation...I believe that every simple donation is being counted as a checkout...you go through a billing and checkout just as you would if you add something to your cart and then checkout....can that be the case?