Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Primary Category Issues

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have created conversion variable eVar16 that has allocation original value(First) and expire after purchase. Due to code issue in datalayer code, I was null value in eVar16, but after making the change in data layer code, that issue was solved. In sever call for particular page URL, data is populating properly, but still Null value is coming in Report.

bindukumari1990_0-1624280924645.png

Also, Page URL total is 19, but total value is around 200. Please let me know, the reason for the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@bindukumari1990 ,

The reason you still see null is because of the Allocation(Original value) you have set for evar16.

Suppose value "Null" got fired for a user before you corrected the code and that user has not made any purchase yet, so the value "Null" would still be persisting for that user and will keep on coming into the reports as soon as user visits the site.

Regarding the page URL value could you please let us know the metric you are looking at?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@bindukumari1990 ,

The reason you still see null is because of the Allocation(Original value) you have set for evar16.

Suppose value "Null" got fired for a user before you corrected the code and that user has not made any purchase yet, so the value "Null" would still be persisting for that user and will keep on coming into the reports as soon as user visits the site.

Regarding the page URL value could you please let us know the metric you are looking at?

Level 4
@vibhatna, the prodviews. So, to eradicate the issue the recommend method is to use Allocation(most recent) or linear.

Community Advisor
@bindukumari1990 a better way to "eradicate" the issue is to go to your eVar setting and toggle the "Reset" option. That will cause AA to "forget" whatever it has collected before for that eVar and start again.

Employee

@bindukumari1990 ,

Using Allocation as Most recent would help you out here but here persistence will play it's role.

Null value keep on persisting for the users if no other values of this evar set for them when they visit the site again after the changes you make. Once they are set with new value of this evar, null will go away.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?