Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

POST call and plugin usage

Level 2

For one of my tracking scenario, Adobe is automatically generating a POST call potentially because the request size is greater than 2047 bytes, for that specific post-call we are seeing that one of the variables is not receiving a standard camel case value that we enforce through the plugin within app measurement library. What could be the reason for the same? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are 2 possibilities that I can think of:

1. For other requests, the variable is displaying a similar problem, i.e. not being forced to the correct casing. But somehow this was never noticed till now.
  2. For this particular request, it sounds like there's some extra processing being done, since more variables are being tracked. Could it be that somewhere in that extra code, this particular variable has been "reset" somehow such that your plugin is not being called?

I think #2 is the more likely scenario.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are 2 possibilities that I can think of:

1. For other requests, the variable is displaying a similar problem, i.e. not being forced to the correct casing. But somehow this was never noticed till now.
  2. For this particular request, it sounds like there's some extra processing being done, since more variables are being tracked. Could it be that somewhere in that extra code, this particular variable has been "reset" somehow such that your plugin is not being called?

I think #2 is the more likely scenario.