Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Possibilities of analyzing mobile performance

Level 4

Hello everybody,

i have a Special use case: And I would like to try to analyze special strengths and opportunities of mobile. Are there special ways in Adobe Analytics, in the form of specific analytics or visualization capabilities, to demonstrate the strengths of mobile? I'm not talking about the classic comparison between Page Views Desktop and Mobile, etc., but rather the possibilities offered by Adobe Analytics, e.g. cohort analysis.
For example, how can I use a cohort analysis or other capabilities in Adobe Analytics to identify opportunities or strengths in mobile? It would be great if you have any ideas.

The goal should be to show which mobile areas have strengths and particular show why advertising in the mobile sector is worthwhile. So based on hits from Mobile or similar.

Thanks and best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amigo,

The question is quite general:)

As a starting point, why not to build a table with Mobile Device Type dimension and a few metrics:

1. Unique visitors — the higher the Mobile share and its absolute volume are, the more opportunities for mobile

2. Conversion Rate — the lower the CR is in comparison to Desktop (Other), the more opportunities for mobile in terms of optimisation; the higher the CR is in comparison to Desktop, the more you want to shift the investment in mobile acquisition

3. In case you have Revenue as a metric, add Revenue per Visitor – look at it similar to CR

4. In case you have Ad Cost metric implemented, compare CPA and ROAS. Build a forecast on ROAS to check the strength of mobile advertising for the current state vs. Desktop.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amigo,

The question is quite general:)

As a starting point, why not to build a table with Mobile Device Type dimension and a few metrics:

1. Unique visitors — the higher the Mobile share and its absolute volume are, the more opportunities for mobile

2. Conversion Rate — the lower the CR is in comparison to Desktop (Other), the more opportunities for mobile in terms of optimisation; the higher the CR is in comparison to Desktop, the more you want to shift the investment in mobile acquisition

3. In case you have Revenue as a metric, add Revenue per Visitor – look at it similar to CR

4. In case you have Ad Cost metric implemented, compare CPA and ROAS. Build a forecast on ROAS to check the strength of mobile advertising for the current state vs. Desktop.

Level 4

Hi Andrey,

thank you very much i were testing the flow visualization and have watched your tutorials on YouTube but i do not get one thing:

what does the number of path views generally mean?. So for example i put page into the entry dropzone and get the number 15.000 for the entry „Homepage“. Does it mean how many page views „homepage“ has generated or is it the number of visitors, whose entry page was „Homepage“? And what does change if i change from visit to visitor with the path views? I do not get it for this visualization.

thank you so much!

Level 10

Oh, it's an absolutely different question)

When you drop the page dimension the number of Path Views indicates the number of Page Views (homepage was viewed 15000). Similarly, if you drop the page into Entry, then Path Views will indicate number of Entries to that page.

The Visit is when the path (a clickthrough from one page to another) happens within a single visit. The Visitor is when the path may happen within multiple visits.

I advise you to add a freeform table next to the Flow visualisation where dimension is Page, and metrics are Unique Visitors, Visits, Page Views, Entries. This will help you recognise what you see in the Flow.

P.S. since this is not related to your initial question on Mobile, I would advise to submit questions on Flow diagram separately.

Level 4

hey,

thanks! i wanted to use it for my mobile analysis. In the picture you can see an output of your tutorial. What i do not get, is what the 5685 pathiews is different from the number of "Homepage" 1929. if I understand you correctly the 5685 path views generate 1929 entrys for "Homepage"? I do not get the difference for this case, where i can see the page views and what the number of entrys are. Because you said that in one case pathviews indicates the number of page views and in the other case the number of entries. but what are the different cases?

thank you very much!

1720645_pastedImage_7.png