Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Page URL as a dimension

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if there is a quick way to find out the URL of a particular page name, beyond actually clicking on the page name and "opening the page in a new window". Preferably, it would be a report with Page URL as a dimension tha tbehaves in the ame way as "Page Name". If Page name is a standard dimension, the URL of the page should be as well right? Is there additional implementation required? Can this be done in Adhoc?

Note that I do not need any page query string information in each URL, just the domain and any respective directories.

Apologies if this has been asked before,

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mcsyang​,

Technically this isn't available out of the box in a report in the Workspace interface. Generally we suggest passing URL as a prop or eVar in order to quickly answer the question you are asking.

However! We are still capturing it and you can access it via Data Warehouse (accessible in the top menu via Tools > Data Warehouse). You can then create a report that has Pages as your first dimension, Page URL as your second. Don't forget to select a metric, I chose Page Views in my screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.05.05 PM.png

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mcsyang​,

Technically this isn't available out of the box in a report in the Workspace interface. Generally we suggest passing URL as a prop or eVar in order to quickly answer the question you are asking.

However! We are still capturing it and you can access it via Data Warehouse (accessible in the top menu via Tools > Data Warehouse). You can then create a report that has Pages as your first dimension, Page URL as your second. Don't forget to select a metric, I chose Page Views in my screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.05.05 PM.png

Hope that helps!

Level 2

Thank you!! this worked perfectly.