Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Page flow after specific event?

Level 6

In Workspace Analysis I need a specific page flow.

When a user clicks a specific link, an evar containing value xy is triggered. I need to find out which pages the user saw after hitting xy.

How do I need to specify the segment?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i would use another segment:

“visit segment“ (include „after sequence“)

{

( „evarX instances“ does not exist )

then

( “evarX instances„ equals 1 )

}

this should return all visits where the user hit the link (and therefore collected the evarX), but only those hits AFTER the sequence (including the end of the sequence). if you break down this segment by pages, you can see all those pages the users visited after the link click.

remark: a „after sequence“ segment contains only hits starting with the last possible hit matching the sequence. see more about sequencial segments here: Building Sequential Segments

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Alv,

You can create a Visit Segment with eVar = xy and see the list of pages a visitor has navigated.

You can also go to 'Page Path' report with the above segmentation applied to get the navigation by page flow.

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i would use another segment:

“visit segment“ (include „after sequence“)

{

( „evarX instances“ does not exist )

then

( “evarX instances„ equals 1 )

}

this should return all visits where the user hit the link (and therefore collected the evarX), but only those hits AFTER the sequence (including the end of the sequence). if you break down this segment by pages, you can see all those pages the users visited after the link click.

remark: a „after sequence“ segment contains only hits starting with the last possible hit matching the sequence. see more about sequencial segments here: Building Sequential Segments

Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to track user flows when he clicks on different buttons without changing JavaScript code ? If yes, how? can you please provide documentation.

Community Advisor

prasannjadhav​ almost everything that you collect as data can be used to filter the traffic in reporting. best would be you ask a new question and give an example, what exactly you are looking for (what users are doing and what question you have).

remark: by "new question" I mean you should start a new forum thread because this one is makred as answered...