Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Order IDs

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have run an Order IDs report using the metrics Orders and Instances, from the report I am seeing the following:

1) There are some Order IDs(on the Order Confirmation Page) with more than one(1) Orders against it. In some cases there are 7 to 8 Orders against an Order ID. The Order IDs have been Serialized with Order ID and Date Concatenation. Example of the Order ID is 7723456082014. Because the Orders have been Serialized I expect all Orders to 1 no matter what the visitor does: because it never expires or even if they click backward to refresh the page. Could someone explain the cause of this abnormality and how to resolve it?

2) On the same report I am seeing the values for Orders and Instances are the same. So example 

Order ID (eVar)Orders (Success Event)Instances 

Could someone help with this issue?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kay,

I would recommend pulling a Data Warehouse request OR reviewing the raw clickstream if you have access to determine exactly what is being fired at a hit level in these cases. You are right that since the Order ID is serialized and always tied to a specific order occurrence that it shouldn't persist and be tied to multiple order events.

Try to look at the time of the orders, exactly what was purchased to see if they are duplicate, and if there are any common patterns across these issue order IDs. Pick a day or series of days with the highest incident rate of the issue for the best view.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kay,

I would recommend pulling a Data Warehouse request OR reviewing the raw clickstream if you have access to determine exactly what is being fired at a hit level in these cases. You are right that since the Order ID is serialized and always tied to a specific order occurrence that it shouldn't persist and be tied to multiple order events.

Try to look at the time of the orders, exactly what was purchased to see if they are duplicate, and if there are any common patterns across these issue order IDs. Pick a day or series of days with the highest incident rate of the issue for the best view.

Best,

Brian

Level 5

Hi Kay,

I am experiencing the same issue.  Did you ever find the underlying cause?

Thank you,

Melissa