Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Only fire event once

Level 1

Adobe Launch Issue.png

Hey!

I have a group of 3 tags (DR_CREDIT_TIER_CHANGED, DR_PAYMENT_TERM_CHANGED, DR_DOWN_PAYMENT_CHANGED). The first time that one of those tags is fired in a session, I want the event to be event2. Any time that any of those tags are fired after the first time, I want the event field to be empty (see screenshot). Is this possible in Adobe Launch?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you're sending Custom Links, you can also remove the unneeded events from s.linkTrackEvents. So your s.events string can stay as-is, but your s.linkTrackEvents contains only those events that you really want to track with your Custom Links.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

@nhunt3 For implementing this you can try by creating 2 rules which will run on click of that link and in one those rule you can apply condition by using Custom Code editor that if link name is 'DR_CREDIT_TIER_CHANGED' Then in Set Variables you can pass event2. Similarly in another rule you can apply same condition if link name is 'DR_PAYMENT_TERM_CHANGED' OR 'DR_DOWN_PAYMENT_CHANGED' than you need not pass the event2 in event list.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you're sending Custom Links, you can also remove the unneeded events from s.linkTrackEvents. So your s.events string can stay as-is, but your s.linkTrackEvents contains only those events that you really want to track with your Custom Links.