Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

ONLY Direct path from Page Name A to Page Name B

Level 1

Hello,

This is possibly a very trivial request but I wasn't able to capture the right data.

I need to track when someone clicks on a hyperlink on page A that leads to another page B (within the same website). I need to see the usage of this particular link so not people who were on A and arrived on B via other routes.

Tested a built:

(Include Visit)

Page Name = A

then within 1 Page Name

Page Name = B

It narrows the pool but doesn't give accurate numbers. The hyperlink was implemented today and there is traffic from previous days (which it shouldn't).

Would anyone be able to recommend a solution?

There is no Activity Map Link implemented, or no eVar available at this point.

Maybe some exclusion..?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@FSUT , there are few options:

1. Use a Segment with THEN within 1 Page View.

2. Use Activity Map dimensions together with the destination page (it will make a link between the hyperlink and page B).

Note that the fallout visualisation with NEXT HIT will work only if there was no any other hits between page A view and page B view. This is why the two options above would work more stable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

If you need to know how many people clicked on the link on Page A to get to Page B, then you should consider using a Fallout visualisation.

Step 1: Page --> Page A

Step 2: Custom Link --> the link

Step 3: Page --> Page B

Between each steps, Analysis Workspace defaults to "Eventual Path". You could change that to "Next Hit", i.e. the next action after opening Page A is to click that link.

Level 1
Thank you @yuhuisg, I just tested this and the result is closer (getting 20 visitors, rather than 38) but as the hyperlink was created today, there is still some noise coming through as it should be theoretically capturing only about 3-5 clicks from yesterday and today.

Correct answer by
Level 10

@FSUT , there are few options:

1. Use a Segment with THEN within 1 Page View.

2. Use Activity Map dimensions together with the destination page (it will make a link between the hyperlink and page B).

Note that the fallout visualisation with NEXT HIT will work only if there was no any other hits between page A view and page B view. This is why the two options above would work more stable.

Level 1

Thank you, @Andrey_Osadchuk,

I just tried a) but sadly still getting traffic from previous days. I know for a fact there is now direct hyperlink between the two pages so it must be some sort of traffic via internal search.

b) is not possible in this case as the segment doesn't have Activity Map Link implemented so it's not firing it.

Level 1

Apologies, as I was given a confusing information about implementation and didn't check it myself.

Indeed a segment using Activity Map Link was the best solution.

Activity Map Page was still giving some noise.

The best working combination was:

Destination Page Name

AND

(Activity Map Link = xx AND Activity Map Page = xx)

This Link and Page helped differentiate between two versions of page (domestic/international) we have.

All the best.

F.