Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Omniture Analytics

Level 1

I could use some help with Omniture. there's seems to be a lot of flaws with the software. I manually tabulate the analytics. Regardless what date I set I have to weed through content that still appears and isn't/wasn't created within the time frame, Please help.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Roby,

Are you sure there is no problem with the timestamp timezone settings? I had the same problem 2-3 years ago than i realized we were sending the incorrect/repeated timestamps without considering the timezone and caching of timezone which was generated in java. we fixed that by generating timestamp in javascript and in UTC .

Can you post the affected reports here and hit data feeds so that we can analyse the issue?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Robyn,

You are most likely to get answers from the forum if you post an actual example.  We are long term users of the tool and would not agree there are a lot of flaws, however the tool is extremely flexible and there are lots of nuances you need to be aware of in order to interpret the data correctly. 

Can you screenshot the reports you are trying to understand and I am sure the community can help you!

Cheers

Kristi

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Roby,

Are you sure there is no problem with the timestamp timezone settings? I had the same problem 2-3 years ago than i realized we were sending the incorrect/repeated timestamps without considering the timezone and caching of timezone which was generated in java. we fixed that by generating timestamp in javascript and in UTC .

Can you post the affected reports here and hit data feeds so that we can analyse the issue?