Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Instances metric not available

Level 6

While page views is a good catch all it isn't the same as instances. And while I can get instances of all the evars they aren't there for the props.

We are using the setupLinkTrack plugin to track our link clicks. Sometimes we have custom links that we track this way. those calls are 'instances' of custom links (which we have an evar for) but if you want to see what links were clicked on a specific page we do a breakdown of our 'link click page name' prop by our 'link click name' prop. This report in analytics works with 'instances' as the metric so we get both those link clicks recorded on the next page viewed by the customer (normal state) or a custom link required because the customer isn't going to another page (say a click to start a video or open a chat box or help box etc). Since those stay on the page we do a custom link to record them.

In analytics the report shows both sets of data. However in Freeform I only have page views and custom link instances so I can't get the needed data in the correct sorted order

I just had a ticket for report builder that took several months to all 'instances' on breakdowns for props when previously only page views was available (Report Builder and Analytics data doesn't match and RB doesn't allow same metrics as Adobe Analytics [Incident: 150205-000300]) which is now fixed. So I thought I'd run the request in freeform to see what happens and no instances metric for prop breakdowns.

Any chance of getting instances available? I can't show the freeform request because most of the data is confidential. But I did save the project out 'no instances metric' and I'm sure you can find it if you need it. :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Warren, 

GREAT catch. I'll follow up with our engineering team on this, but you should definitely have the Instances metric. This is probably just something that they are planning to add in an upcoming release of the beta. The solution will definitely allow for Instances in the future. 

Thanks, 

Ben

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Warren, 

GREAT catch. I'll follow up with our engineering team on this, but you should definitely have the Instances metric. This is probably just something that they are planning to add in an upcoming release of the beta. The solution will definitely allow for Instances in the future. 

Thanks, 

Ben