Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Not able to find the trackingsecureserver variable

Level 2

I was trying to connect the Analytics to sharepoint site to enable site traffic monitoring. While have followed the tutorial JavaScript implementation overview

and I am not able to find the variable trackingsecureserver  from the code example. Even after I have included the VisitorAPI.js and AppMeasurement.js, the analytics tracking does not reflect to my sandbox analytics console.

I have four questions:

1. How to find the trackingsecureserver variable value?

2. I can see a GET request to adobesandbox failing to complete from the console. I see net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error. Why is this happening and what is the resolution? I have now used trackingsecureserver and trackingserver variable(which I was able to get from code manager), both of them having same value now, is that an issue?

3. Since the site is in sharepoint I was not able to add these  js script files as a part of HEAD tag. It is inside BODY tag. Is this an issue?

4. s.t() value is not reaching onto var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)...

That is I am not getting the required value in s_code variable which is a part of javascript added to BODY tag.

This seems urgent, please anyone help me out with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. tracking server, read here: Correctly populate the trackingServer and trackingServerSecure variable

typically it is a subdomain of sc.omtrdc.net

2. I believe it might be solved with 1)

3. include in body shouldn't be a problem apart from timing

4. what exactly is the problem? do you see the analytics call but no data? or does the analytics call fail?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. tracking server, read here: Correctly populate the trackingServer and trackingServerSecure variable

typically it is a subdomain of sc.omtrdc.net

2. I believe it might be solved with 1)

3. include in body shouldn't be a problem apart from timing

4. what exactly is the problem? do you see the analytics call but no data? or does the analytics call fail?

Level 2

the data is not reflected in analytics dashboard

Community Advisor

can you see the network call which sends your data to adobe?